Top posting users this month
Knight_of_none
And we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way I_vote_lcapAnd we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way I_voting_barAnd we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way I_vote_rcap 
WildyxNight
And we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way I_vote_lcapAnd we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way I_voting_barAnd we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way I_vote_rcap 

Latest topics
» Hey Everyone
by lindsaypowells Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:22 am

» Dear Admins
by Knight_of_none Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:29 pm

» Dear Users
by Fae_Whisperer Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:30 pm

» Vote For My Pet!!
by Knight_of_none Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:20 pm

» Will be AWOL (Just an FYI)
by Knight_of_none Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:57 pm

» Publishing a Story
by Knight_of_none Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:53 pm

And we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way

Go down

And we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way Empty And we were pilgrims (open, hunting) on our way

Post by Jadefeather12 Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:31 pm

(PG13 with my character please ^^)

Spoiler:

A light wind brushed the moor, easing the dry heat that suffocated the land in greenleaf. The grass stalks rustled together, clinging on for dear life to the cracked and parched soil that held their roots. Ashflight, a lithe and nimble silver tabby, crept through the stalks, as quietly as the dusty ground would let her. It was far too hot out to be creeping through the moors, but the molly was impatient. She needed to make a kill, and she preferred to do it now. She didn't have hours to wait until the sun sunk over the land. However, most smart prey animals would be burrowed in their dens, hiding from the scorching heat. She'd have to make her first attack count. She wouldn't have the strength for a second one.

Rabbits were nowhere to be seen, much preferring their burrows. Voles and mice too were scarce, hiding in brambles on the edges of the forest, which were out of bounds for WindClanners anyhow, although that didn't stop some desperate hunters. My best chance will be a bird. Her namesake, a creature with wings didn't suffer nearly as much as those chained to the earth by gravity. Ashflight hoped that a sparrow or starling, perhaps a buzzard if she was lucky, would descend into the fields to scratch up a few insects. Then she would have her chance.

Starclan seemed to be smiling upon the warrior that day. A crow who had been circling now tilted it's ink-black wings to glide down to the moors and feast upon some carrion that had long been baking in the sun. It was merely a few fox lengths from Ashflight's current position. She placed her paws carefully, slowly inching closer and closer towards her prey. When she dared not move any further she leaped, snarling as the beast squawked and flailed. Ashflight grunted, hooking her claws into the birds feathers but struggling to keep her grip and finish her kill.
Jadefeather12
Jadefeather12

Back to top Go down